GNDR is a network of organisations across 127 countries striving to build resilience of disaster-prone communities. Views from the Frontline 2019 (VFL) is our flagship project which seeks to gather feedback from communities in 50 countries who face disaster risks and uses that information to influence policy and practice on Government and civil society response at local, national and global levels, The project is funded by EU DEVCO. GNDR is seeking a consultant to conduct a mid-term evaluation of VFL
The purpose of the evaluation is for problem solving and learning purposes. It aims to assess the impact of the actions at the local and national level as well as assess the
impact of the VFL global conclusions on the global policies/strategies, which would help the international development and humanitarian agencies in resilience building. The evaluation is primarily aiming to improve the project’s relevance, effectiveness and efficiency based on the lessons learned so far.
Deliverable 1: Inception Report will include the evaluation questions, data collection methodologies and techniques, evaluation tools, work plan, stakeholder mapping, outreach and approach, analysis of risks and mitigation measures.
Deliverable 2: At the end of the evaluation, the evaluator will present the findings of the evaluation via video conferencing.
Deliverable 3: The draft report will be developed and an online presentation will be done to the GNDR.
Deliverable 4: Final Evaluation report with conclusions and recommendations.
All applicants must have:
- Technical expertise on qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Substantial experience of conducting evaluations of bilateral programmes or UN/EU projects
- Knowledge and experience of the DRR sector
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English with additional language skills in French and Spanish being desirable
- No previous involvement or engagement in the design and delivery of the FVL project
The evaluation is desk-based and expected to take approximately 25 days, between 1 April and 31 May 2021.
For further details please download the Terms of Reference.
If you meet the applicant criteria set out above then please submit an expression of interest setting out:
- How your experience matches the consultant profile;
- A 2 page methodology of how you would undertake the assignment ;
- A projected total cost for the assignment;
- Your CV (no more than 2 pages);