Advocacy Coordinator Job Advertisement
GNDR is looking for a part-time Advocacy Coordinator to start as soon as possible. For full job description, please click here: 106.79 Kb Advocacy Coordinator Job Description.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to GNDR members and Secretariat staff at national, regional and global levels to develop, communicate, advocate on a set of clear messages / recommendations into the consultation process for the renegotiation of the post-2015 DRR framework and other related development frameworks. This includes supporting collaborative actions and developing joint positions with a broad spectrum of civil society actors and coalitions. The post holder will form part of a small team of UK and regionally-based GNDR Secretariat staff, advisors and consultants.
Reports to: GNDR Executive Director
Team Relationships: Working in close collaborations with GNDR’s Operations team including Operations Director, Programme manager, Communications Coordinator and five Regional Development Coordinators.
- The post holder will be expected to show experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Experience of advocacy, campaigning and lobbying work with governments, donor institutions and inter-governmental bodies
- Familiar with relevant themes and debates in the DRR, resilience and development domains
- Diplomatic and influencing skills in support of effective collaboration and cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Familiar with working with civil society networks and coalitions
- Ability to think strategically, plan, prioritise and implement multiple work tasks under tight timelines
- Strong communications skills with fluent written and spoken English, preferably with multiple language skills (ideally Spanish and/or French)
- Available to work from July 2014 onwards during the period leading up to WCDRR Sendai March 2015
- Lives in a location that is accessible to GNDR London office in Teddington Occasional international travel may be required
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position is based out of GNDR Secretariat office in Teddington, Southwest London. The appropriate person would be contracted on a part-time consultancy basis, initially for a six month period July – December 2014. Minimum three days / week @ circa £200-225 / day.
If you are interested please contact Jenna Henry: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. with covering letter and CV by 30 June 2014.