As GNDR’s work grows in scale and impact, we are looking for an experienced, ambitious and self-motivated person to join the secretariat and lead the development of an effective fundraising strategy aimed at securing a diverse and sustainable long term financial base to ensure independence of action and support the implementation of GNDR’s strategy and operational plans (including executing key actions such as the Frontline programme). As a global network an important aspect of this is strengthening the ability of regional and national levels of the network to secure funding from regional sources; to increase the sustainability of the whole network.
This is a unique opportunity to shape the development and implementation of GNDR fundraising strategy and make a valued contribution to an innovative and rapidly growing network. The selected candidate should be able to demonstrate a proven track record of managing and implementing successful fundraising.
Position with the GNDR Secretariat
Reports to the Executive Director. The role involves maintaining close working relationships with the Finance Manager, other Secretariat team members and with GNDR members and partner organisations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The remit of this post will cover the following core tasks and responsibilities:
- To maintain strong working relationships with GNDR portfolio of existing donors and partner organisations
- Ability to research, identify, assess and develop new fundraising opportunities and relationships amongst institutional donors, private foundations, trusts, and individuals to diversify and increase revenue streams
- In consultation with the GNDR Secretariat staff and members, to plan, develop, implement and coordinate an ambitious fundraising strategy.
- To develop and implement a coordinated strategy for the support, resourcing, training and coaching of colleagues including secretariat staff and network members to become active in developing and securing funding opportunities at global, regional and national level, broadening and increasing the sustainability of GNDR funding base.
- To develop and submit individual high quality funding applications and relevant materials to individual and institutional donors / resource providers at national, regional and global levels, including identifying budgeted activities that can be packaged as projects.
- To follow up approaches and check on progress to ensure funding applications are fully considered by donors, ensuring relevant data is provided as required.
- In consultation with Secretariat staff, to prepare and submit compelling donor progress reports (narrative and financial), monitoring and evaluation requirements in accordance with donor criteria and deadlines.
- To attend appropriate fundraising and marketing events
- To maintain knowledge of current fundraising procedures and legislation affecting fundraising activities within the charitable sector
This job description will be reviewed from time to time and may be updated depending on the changing needs of the organisation and broader membership.
- Extensive proven fundraising experience within the charities sector, with good working knowledge of grant making within the Humanitarian / DRR / Development sectors, showing clear evidence of success in securing funding
- Knowledge of fundraising from the general public and private individuals as well as the major institutional donors would be beneficial for the role, including developments in crowd funding
- Experience of putting together and packaging persuasive and imaginative fundraising proposals for presentation to targeted institutional donors, including European Commission, USAID, World Bank and UN agencies
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and capabilities to work with colleagues in the secretariat and membership providing training, resourcing and support to develop their capacity to share in fundraising activities.
- Experience of development, management and implementation of an effective corporate fundraising strategy and associated work plans
- Experience of producing high quality donor funding progress report and project budgets
- Experience and knowledge of donor portfolios, priorities, rules and requirements, including analysis of reasons for success or failure and corrective action necessary to improve the success rate of funding applications.
- Track record of building and developing strong working relationships and contacts across the institutional fundraising sector (donors / trust / foundations), including knowledge of research sources to identify potential new donors
- Knowledge of international development sector, ideally in disaster risk reduction.
- Knowledge of fundraising policies and legislation relevant to the UK charities sector
- Ability to provide an objective, candid analysis of GNDR fundraising potential including prospecting potential donors and prescribing creative and workable solutions based on extensive practical experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including cross-cultural working in Northern and Southern countries.
- Ability to provide training and guidance to colleagues in international contexts
- Strong research, prospecting and planning skills
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Expertise in fundraising proposals design, planning, writing and budgeting.
- Computer literate, including social media and database management
- Flexible in his/her approach to work
- A strong independent, proactive work who enjoys working as part of a team
- Ability to manage your own time and priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing quality
- An enthusiasm for, and the flexibility to work internationally, occasionally at short notice
- A commitment to values of trust, mutual accountability, gender equity and respect for diverse identities and perspectives.
- Ability to provide relevant references, ideally within relevant professional sector and geographical areas.
Only candidates who are currently eligible
to reside and work within the UK should apply.
To apply please email a CV and Covering Letter to عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. Applications close 31st January 2016.