Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR)
GNDR was established in 2007 as a voluntary network of civil society organisations, associations and individuals who are committed to working together, and engaging with partners and other stakeholders, to increase community resilience and reduce disaster risk around the world. The network is growing and currently has 900 member organisations in over 140 countries across virtually every geographical region of the world.
A vibrant, active, collaborative civil society supporting people and their communities, particularly poor and vulnerable groups, to prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from disasters and adapt to hazards a changing climate.
Strategic Objectives 2016-2020
GNDR has three mutually reinforcing objectives:
1. Increase the impact of civil society in influencing policies and practices at local, national and international levels;
2. Enhance collaboration capabilities of civil society and cooperation with other stakeholders;
3. Strengthen the creation, analysis and sharing of knowledge.
Purpose of the Secretariat:
The GNDR Secretariat serves as a “support entity” to the membership operating through a global hub in London and regional hubs in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The GNDR Secretariat is legally constituted in the UK as a charity with the main responsibilities of facilitating the development, coordination and implementation of GNDR strategy, work plans and budgets, including supporting the mobilisation of adequate technical, human and financial resources.
Main purpose of the role:
The Project Officer will be a member of a small but effective secretariat team responsible for the coordination, management and implementation of a number of different projects and actions undertaken by the secretariat and members in support of GNDR’s strategic objectives. These may include the Frontline programme; strengthening network collaborative and knowledge sharing capabilities; assisting with advocacy and campaigning activities; and participating in relevant events and conferences. Working with the Secretariat team, relevant board members and the wider membership, the Project Officer role encompasses an interesting range of tasks and responsibilities such as planning, budgeting, project management, reporting, team development and network capacity building.
Position in Organisation:
- Responsible to the Advocacy and Project Manager
- Part of the Secretariat team and active participant in cross-team working groups
- Works in close collaboration with GNDR secretariat staff (i.e. Finance, Regional Development Coordinators, Advocacy, Communications, Administration) including the Global Board, broader membership and Trustees
Overall Scope of the Role:
- Implementation of different GNDR projects and activities
- Support to Regional Development Coordinators
- Assist with operational planning, budgeting and financial reporting
- Assist with resource mobilisation and grant applications
- Support Secretariat and network development
- Assist with communications, advocacy and campaigns
- Assist with organisational learning and knowledge exchange
- External representation and relationship building
[for Specific duties, employment terms and person specification please see Downloads section below]
Only candidates who are currently eligible
to reside and work within the UK should apply.
To apply please email a CV and Covering Letter to عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. | (Applications deadline is January 9th, 2017)
Please download the following for a list of specific duties, a detailed person specification of essential and desirable attributes/skills, as well as terms of employment: