Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR)
GNDR was established in 2007 as a voluntary network of civil society organisations, associations and individuals who are committed to working together, and engaging with partners and other stakeholders, to increase community resilience and reduce disaster risk around the world.
The network is vibrant and fast growing, presently consisting of 850 member organisations in over 140 countries across virtually every geographical region of the world. The network is supported by a small but effective secretariat team comprising of UK and regionally-based staff. The GNDR Secretariat serves as a “support entity” to the membership operating through a global hub in London and regional hubs in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The Secretariat is legally constituted as a UK charity with the main responsibilities of facilitating the development, coordination and implementation of strategy, work plans and budgets, including supporting the mobilisation of adequate resources.
A vibrant, active, collaborative civil society supporting people and their communities, particularly poor and vulnerable groups, to prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from disasters and adapt to extreme hazards and a changing climate.
GNDR's Strategic Objectives
GNDR's “Stronger Together” strategy 2016-2020 has three mutually reinforcing objectives:
- Increase the impact of civil society in influencing policies and practices at local, national, and international levels
- Enhance the collaboration capabilities of civil society and cooperation with other stakeholders
- Strengthen the creation, analysis and sharing of knowledge, information and practices
Main purpose of the role
The main purpose of the role is to provide timely and high quality administrative and office management support to the GNDR London and regionally-based Secretariat team. The role involves supporting a wide range of functions and activities including administration, financial, human resources, with a strong focus on events and conferences.
Position in Organisation
- Reports to the Executive Director or anybody assigned by him.
- Works closely with the Project Administrator, Secretariat staff and liaises with the Global Board and wider membership
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The remit of this post will cover the following core tasks and responsibilities:
- 1. General Administrative Support
- 2. Office Management / Facilities
- 3. Membership Support / General enquiries / Help desk
- 4. Meetings, Events & Conference
- 5. Support to Executive Director Governance and Compliance
- 6. Additional tasks as may be required (e.g. inputs to relevant working groups).
General Administrative Support
- Assist the Global Hub team in routine clerical and administration tasks.
- Assist the Executive Director to follow-up the compliance to the decisions taken.
- Support Board election and induction processes.
- Lead on preparation & dissemination of meeting minutes (secretariat / board / trustees / technical committees / working groups / others).
- Designated Health & Safety Officer.
- Assure the organisation’s Data Protection, and compliance with GDPR.
- Documentation management / filing, hard and on-line systems.
Office Management / Facilities
- Responsible for office Furniture / Equipment / Supplies / Stationery / Refreshments / Post.
- Deal with all matters relating to upkeep and improvement to the office space.
- Maintain IT support facility as appropriate to include troubleshooting.
- Focal point for landlord, communal facilities, catering, cleaning, insurance, etc.
- RHP Facilities / Catering / Cleaning Focal Point.
- Booking car parking spaces at RHP building.
- General office phone enquiries.
Membership Support / General enquiries / Help desk
- General office phone enquiries.
- Gatekeeper for GNDR Helpdesk – dealing with general and عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. enquiries from members and other parties.
- Focal point for membership registration.
Organising Meetings, Events and Conferences
- Team calendar management
- Assist team to plan, organise and conduct internal and external meetings to include: drafting agendas, dispatching papers, establish call facilities, book meeting facilities etc.
- Preparation & dissemination of meeting minutes (secretariat / board / trustees / technical committees / working groups / others).
- Administrative support in planning and organising international & regional conferences, meeting calls, workshops and secretariat events.
- Assist in travel and accommodation arrangements for Summit for GNDR staff, Board and members.
Other ad-hoc work activities as required, including
- Assist Secretariat colleagues in routine clerical and administration tasks.
- Assist HR with organising staff trainings.
- Inputs to relevant team working groups.
Allocation of responsibilities
As the post holder provides administrative support to several staff members, the time inputs to these will be allocated and managed in consultation with his/her line manager to ensure balanced use on the post holder's time.
A complete person specification including attributes and skills considered essential and/or desirable, with regard to qualifications, experience, skills, abilities and personal qualities can be downloaded here, including terms of employment.
Only candidates who are currently eligible
to reside and work within the UK should apply.
To apply, please email a letter and resume (CV) to عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. with the subject “Team Administrator - Board Liaison”. Phone / Skype and/or face-to-face interviews will be arranged for short-listed candidates on a rolling basis. Only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Position will be held open until filled.
Please download the following for a list of specific duties and responsibilities, a detailed person specification of essential and desirable attributes/skills, as well as terms of employment: