With the launch of the Views from the Frontline 2009 handbook GNDR provided a guiding checklist of civil society organisations in all their forms. This included:
- International and national non-governmental organisations
- Civil society networks, coalitions and associations
- community groups
- faith-based organisations
- environmental organisations
- women's organisations
- think tanks, resource centres
- associations of marginalised groups
- trade unions
- community level groups and informal groups (those without constitutions, boards and other organisational trappings)
- and many other associational forms
Beyond this, individual activists, including online activists, artists and writers and human rights defenders, when they act in the public sphere to advance or defend a viewpoint that others may share, are part of civil society too. This deﬁnition suggests that the arena for civil society is ﬂuid and dynamic: groups and individuals can move in and out of it, and be within civil society and other spheres simultaneously.
From a membership criteria perspective, GNDR membership is open to all civil society organisations, networks and affiliated individuals whom have an interest and play a significant function in supporting and advancing disaster risk reduction, together with a commitment to GNDR values and principles.
What are you waiting for?
The application process for GNDR membership is free and there are no membership fees.
If you or your organisation are interested in being part of GNDR, applying for membership is very simple:
- complete and submit the online membership application form on this website
- or apply directly to the GNDR Secretariat by عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته..
We are looking forward to greeting you as a new member!