The value of local knowledge in disaster reduction
The links below are a selection of case studies from Action at the Frontline to illustrate the value of local knowledge in disaster reduction.
- Cambodia_AFL_Case_Study_2_2015-5-29.pdf909.29 KB
- Egypt_AFL_Case_Study_2015-6-3.pdf603.94 KB
- Kenya_AFL_Case_Study_2015.pdf657 KB
- Malawi_AFL_Case_Study_2015-8-19.pdf916.55 KB
- Nepal_AFL_Case_Study_2015-8-20.pdf1.29 MB
- Sri_Lanka_AFL_Case_Study_2_2015-8-24.pdf950.39 KB
- Tajikistan_AFL_Case_Study_2015-8-24.pdf973.96 KB
- The_Gambia_AFL_Case_Study_2015-6-23.pdf943.3 KB
- Zambia_AFL_Case_Study_2015-8-25.pdf527.16 KB
How is the GNDR Secretariat celebrating this day?
We are sharing 24 bits of local knowledge on Twitter, most coming from Frontline results. Look for the hashtag #localknowledge.
GNDR member activities on the IDDR 2015
Supporting East Sujonkathi community in their nomination to become UNISDR Champions of Disaster Risk Reduction [READ MORE >]
CENAIS (Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Sismológicas)
Member Fernando Guasch Hechavarria is presenting at two conferences, The first at the Cuban Association for the United Nations on seismic risk management in Cuba. The second at the Cuban Geological Society on Contemporary Disaster Studies and the challenges of post-2015 disaster risk reduction.