- Name of event: 3rd Annual "Aid & Development Africa Summit 2018"
- Dates: 27th-28th February 2018
- Location: Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Event website: http://africa.aidforum.org/
- Organising body: Aid and International Development Forum (AIDF)
- 10 free tickets for GNDR members: (contact the Secretariat for the discount code if you intend to register, see below)
About the 3rd "Aid & Development Africa Summit 2018"
The Aid and International Development Forum is pleased to announce its 3rd annual “Aid & Development Africa Summit 2018” on 27th and 28th of February 2018 at the Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.
The two-day summit will offer a broad range of speaker panels, workshops and opportunities to network on themes around innovations, partnerships and technologies to support community resilience, disaster preparedness, humanitarian logistics, health and WASH practices, infrastructure and camp management across Africa. It will be an occasion to network with high profile representatives from NGOs, INGOs, governments, donors, UN agencies, private sector and civil society organisations in Africa.
The Summit will focus on innovations and technology to improve humanitarian aid operations and community resilience in Africa, with a dedicated session to examine disaster response activities to recent drought emergency in East Africa and improving disaster preparedness and reduction.
As an organisation, Aid & International Development Forum advocates for cross-sector approach through inclusive, effective collaboration and coordination between national and international NGOs, government and UN agencies, Red Cross, donors, development banks and the private sector in Africa.
Reasons to participate
- Now in its 3rd year, the Aid & Development Africa Summit 2018 will unite 300+ humanitarian and development leaders, decision makers and advisors committed to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the region, presenting a unique opportunity to explore best practice, policy and project updates, innovation and partnerships in the humanitarian aid and development.
- Participants will gain first hand insights from development banks, donors and government agencies into their financing priorities and funding guidelines as well as benefit from networking opportunities.
Support for GNDR members attending this event
Unfortunately, GNDR will be unable to provide any funding to members towards travel, visas or accommodation to attend this event. However, the organisers are donating 10 free tickets for GNDR members. Please contact Nisma Le Boul (عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.) if you are interested
- For more information about the event or to register, visit http://africa.aidforum.org/