Jonas Habimana, Country Director of BIFERD, told us that this was the first time that the IDDR was celebrated in the Eastern DRC North Kivu. The event was organised by BIFERD, in partnership with CBCA (a Christian Aid partner) and the collaboratioon of the Great Lakes Rural Development School that provided the space for an audience in excess of 500 people including representatives of local media, universities , students , secondary schools , churches , the Belgium Embassy and others. During the event people had a chance to hear and discuss about the Sendai Framework, community evacuation plans in case of a volcano erruption in Goma town, and the impacts of Climate Change and adaptation actions taken so far. Universities and local leaders agreed there is a need for regular learning abour DRR issues.
Below you can dowload some documents about the event.
Downloads & Links
- Arreté_Conseil_pronvincial_prévention_crise_s_et__gesti__on1.pdf1.57 MB
- GMJK_ARRETE_PROVINCIAL_N01_2911.pdf1.18 MB
- GMJK_Plan_communautaire_dévacuation1.pdf9.02 MB
- Cadre_dAction_de_Sendai.pdf216.83 KB
- EXPOSE_DE_BIFERD_JONAS_HABIMANA.pptx165.94 KB
- Présentation_de_Donat_pour_le_journée_du_13_octobre__2015.pptx71.86 KB