The main objective was to identify the next steps to be taken in the upcoming year, and finalise the selection of the representatives of South East Asia and East Asia Regional Steering Group (RSG) and National Focal Point/Teams (NFP/T). A full report can be download here.
Hosted by GNDR, the South East Asia/East Asia inception meeting hosted representatives from: Center for Disaster Preparedness (CDP), Save the Earth Cambodia, Development Workshop France, YAKKUM Emergency Unit, Resilience Development Initiative (RDI), Community Development Association.
During their two days’ workshop, National Focal Points worked together to prioritise activities at national and regional level. Our Regional Development Coordinator, Mohammad Abdur Rouf, also updated participants on GNDR’s ongoing projects. The working session resumed with a draft of a work plan based on the prioritised activities.
Key decisions made
A number of key decisions have been made (see report on RSG below for the full list of decisions):
- Approval of the final Terms of Reference (ToRs) of the South East Asia / East Asia RSG
- GNDR’s regional representative (Member of the Global Board) will serve as RSG Chair of the region
- Selection of the Vice-Chair will be taken up in the next meeting
- The Regional Development Coordinator will act as the Secretary of the RSG
- Decision making of the Regional Steering Group will be done on a “majority” voting basis
- A work plan will be prepared and agreed by National Focal Point/teams of the Regional Steering Group
- Secretariat should share regional budget once agreed
For more information, contact the Regional Development Coordinator Abdur Rouf at عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.