We would like to hear about the impact GNDR member organisations have had in building the resilience of communities most at risk of disasters.
How do I submit an impact story?
- Download our impact story template here
- Email your completed story template to عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. before 31 May 2021.
What are stories of building disaster resilience?
Examples of building disaster resilience are:
- Reducing hazards like Covid-19, floods or drought
- Tackling climate change, conflict, gender inequality, urbanisation, forced displacement, or food and water insecurity
- Reducing discrimination or exclusion faced by different group of people (e.g. women, disabled persons, ethnic groups, LGBTQ+, etc.)
- Making improvements in community participation in decision-making or access to resources for development
Who is eligible to send a story?
All GNDR members are eligible, but we are particularly interested in members who have been closely involved in the GNDR network over the last 12 months. We would really like to hear stories from members who have either:
- participated in our projects (e.g. VFL or CBDRM)
- or have collaborated closely with other GNDR members in the delivery of their own projects or advocacy initiatives
- or have had their capacity strengthened as a result of being involved with GNDR
What makes a good impact story?
To write a good impact story, you will need to:
- Tell us how you and your organisation have been involved with the network
- Describe the country context you work in, for example the hazards communities face or barriers to development
- Briefly explain one single project or campaign your organisation has done in the last 12 months
- Tell us about one individual community member who has benefited from your project or campaign.
- Provide up to six photos, including one of yourself.
What will happen to the stories?
All stories will be read and reviewed. Six stories will be shortlisted for inclusion in the GNDR annual report. The report will be published on the GNDR website later in the year.
Along with your story please also share some photos:
- Share a maximum of six photos
- Include a photo of yourself.
- Photos must be high quality JPEG files
- Ensure the photos are clear and in-focus