VFL Project Administrator

There is no translation available.

The Project Administrator will support the implementation of the Views from the Frontline 2019 project through logistical and other administrative support.

Our purpose

The Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR) was established in 2007 as a voluntary network of civil society organisations who are committed to working together, and engaging with partners and other stakeholders, to increase community resilience and reduce disaster risk around the world. The network is growing and currently has approximately 1227 member organisations in over 122 countries across virtually every geographical region of the world.

Our vision

A world in which everyone works together to strengthen the resilience of people most at –risk and prevent hazards from becoming disasters.

Our strategic objectives

GNDR has three mutually reinforcing objectives:

  1. Strengthen the collaboration, solidarity and mobilization of civil society organizations.
  2. Champion a localization movement.
  3. Strive for risk-informed development.

Purpose of the secretariat

The GNDR Secretariat serves as a support entity to the membership operating through a global hub in London and regional hubs in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The GNDR Secretariat is legally constituted as a UK charity with the main responsibilities of facilitating the development, coordination and implementation of strategy, work plans and budgets, including supporting the mobilisation of adequate resources.

Main purpose of the role

The Project Administrator (VFL) will support the implementation of the VFL 2019 project through logistical and other administrative support. Working with the Secretariat team, GNDR members, relevant board members, consultants and advisors, the VFL Team Administrator role encompasses a range of tasks and responsibilities in what is a high-profile, innovative and ground-breaking programme that will require high-level engagement between civil society, local and national governments, UN agencies and donor institutions.

Position in organisation

  • Responsible to the VFL Project Coordinator
  • Part of the Secretariat team and active participant in cross-team working groups
  • Works closely with the Views from the Frontline Coordinator (based in India), Views from the Frontline Officer (based in India), Programme Manager, GNDR’s Team Administrator, and other Secretariat staff and wider membership.

Overall scope of the role

  1. Logistics for Views from the Frontline project
  2. Financial administration for the Views from the Frontline project
  3. Logistics for other GNDR projects including ‘Institutionalising Sustainable Community-based Disaster Risk Management’
  4. General Administration for GNDR

The post holder will work approximately 70% of their time supporting the VFL Project. The remaining 30% of their time will be spent on administrative support for other projects and for the organisation in general, working in conjunction with the Programme Manager and GNDR’s Team Administrator.

Job description and person specification

Download VFL Project Administrator JD

To apply

Please send CV and covering letter to Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.

This position will be held open until the vacancy is filled.



Related items

Rejoignez GNDR en tant que membre


Téléphones: +44 208 977 7726 | 1833 | 2860



Média social

Nos supporteurs

European Commission words under blue flag with yellow stars    
usaidhorizontal small
UK Government logos 2012 UK AID    australian aid blue and red
Switzerland logo-ministry-of-foreign-affairs
GIZ on behalfof BMZ
Sverige Sweden SIDA Logo


Global Hub Office

Global Network of Civil Society Organisations
for Disaster Reduction
8 Waldegrave Road, Teddington,
TW11 8HT
United Kingdom

Regional hubs »

Membre de