- Participants: 50 young Britons and Germans (aged 25 to 35) working in resilience
- Place: Wilton Park, Steyning, West Sussex BN44 3DZ United Kingdom.
- Organisers: Wilton Park
Lucy Pearson, GNDR’s Advocacy Coordinator, has been selected as one of 50 young Britons and Germans working in business, finance, government, politics, media, academia and civil society to participate in Wilton Park’s conference British German Forum 2015: Strengthening our resilience in a world of shocks and crises. The theme of this year’s Forum is Strengthening our resilience in a world of shocks and crises and will include discussion on the following topics:
- Energy futures: shortages and price volatility
- Extreme weather, climate change, pandemics
- Eurozone and EU futures
- Russia and the long-term impact of the Ukrainian crisis
- Islamic State and the threat of home-grown radicalism
- How modern democratic societies can best work to prepare and manage crises
The Forum provides a dynamic space in which future leaders can network and share ideas with their peers and gain insight and inspiration from experienced professionals. Lucy is most looking forward to sharing her insights on multi-stakeholder collaboration in climate change and disaster resilience, and learning about how the growing threat of extremism could impact these efforts.
How can you get involved or learn more?
Downloads & Links
- Programme: WP1413-Programme.pdf231.95 KB