Frontline context: the realities the programme addresses
• Substantial local level losses are from everyday disasters.
• Locally people learn how to manage inter-related environmental, social, economic and political threats.
• Local communities are first responders and possess detailed experiential risk knowledge of these threats, their consequences, local capacities and barriers.
Frontline: gathering local risk knowledge
• Local knowledge of all threats, everyday and extraordinary
• Supporting and strengthening local action and learning to build resilience
• Analysing data based on local realities to provide risk knowledge and complementary local monitoring at local, national and global level
• Resilience focus based on local realities, encompassing Risk reduction, Sustainable development and Climate Adaptation.
Frontline is the latest development of the Views from the Frontline programme and is founded in GNDR's ten essentials of the 'Reality Checklist for Impact at the Frontline'.
Watch an introduction to Frontline in the GNDR Youtube channel: